Saturday 22 December 2007

Merry Christmas!

I've had a great weigh-in this morning and lost 7.5lb this week so I'm a happy Christmas elf. I have been weighing myself every day this week and had lost 12lb yesterday (which I thought was too much) but have put 4.5lb on overnight, which is probably due to our "works do" yesterday lunchtime. We went to the Kensington Arms which is a nice foodie pub about 10 minutes walk away. I had intended to just have a main course and one drink but got a bit carried away. I ended up having calves liver with bacon and bubble and squeak followed by cinnamon pavlova with brandy soaked fruits and vanilla cream washed down with two halves of hot spiced cider, a large glass of red wine and a hot chocolate with rum! But it was delicious and a good time was had by all.

Today we're off to Abergavenny for Christmas so I'm not in control of my food until 27th. I'm taking a notebook and pen to record everything I eat so I can fill in my food diary when I get home. I suppose I could use their computer to access WLR but it's a bit unsociable squirrelling off to the office after every meal. We'll see. The notebook served me well in Devon and recorded the mammoth amounts of food and drink consumed. Let's hope I'm a little bit more restrained this time. There will be so much food and drink on offer though, including my fabulous home-made damson gin so I'll have to make sure I alternate booze with a glass of water. I never drink enough water when I'm staying at other people's houses nor do I eat any fruit. And I won't be having my usual smoothie for breakfast which has five portions of fruit in it. Never mind, one week won't lead to scurvy. I don't think.

Right, I'd better have some breakfast and get in the shower then gather up all the presents and load up the car. Have a fantastic Christmas one and all. I'll be back next week with tales of dieting woe.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

oooh well done comrade... and have a rockin' xmas too! :)

Pam said...

I'm very impressed. Well done for holding on to the faith. Wish I could manage to do the same...

Happy Christmas.