Saturday 29 September 2007

Saturday sniffles

Why am I always hungrier at the weekend? It's not as if I'm at work during the week which keeps my mind occupied and then have all weekend to think about food. I'm at home all week and, if anything, weekends should be easier as monkey boy is at home to keep me busy. We'd normally go out for a walk or something - trying to avoid delis and cake shops on our way - but today I'm sniffling on the sofa wrapped in a blanket. I've had this pooey cold for the past four days and I'm getting fed up. And I'm hungry. Feed a cold, starve a fever... I wish!!

Had some apple and raisin fruity porridge for breakfast with skimmed milk, then chorizo and manchego tortelloni with chilli oil and parmesan followed by two figs and an apple for lunch so I shouldn't be peckish but I am. Not famished but if someone offered me a pizza, I couldn't see me turning it down. Especially a Pizza Hut stuffed crust super supreme with pineapple instead of olives, mmmmmmm!

How I wish I was immune to the delights of fatty food but it wasn't salad that got me in this mess. It was an unbridled desire for pizza, fish and chips, spare ribs, tandoori mixed grills, cakes, chocolate and ice cream in gargantuan quantities. Not that I haven't had fish and chips since calorie counting; I've had it three times but managed to fit it into the day's allowance. Kind of. And it fitted in with my elimination diet, which I've since abandoned as I couldn't feel any difference. And now I can have cows' milk I can have it skimmed instead of semi-skimmed goats' milk so it's less fat and calories. I'm still trying to avoid yeast and almonds (after a lemon and almond cake made me feel really odd) but it's too hard to both calorie count and eliminate half the core food groups - yeast, cow's milk (and cheese and butter etc), coffee, cola nuts, almonds, oats, sesame, eggs and black pepper.

At least I've adjusted to sugar-free Ribena so I can have hot beena for my cold for only 7.5 calories a mug. So comforting. Might have a chicken stir-fry for dinner as that's fairly low fat and my lunch was okay for cals but high in the lardy stuff. And more fruit. According to WLR I've been having about 14 portions of fruit and veg a day but they calculate it strangely. I have been drinking heaps of water - at least 4 or 5 litres a day so I know the weight loss isn't water. I hope. At this rate, I'll turn into a fish. Or a mermaid, which is kind of cool. A hungry mermaid, though!!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Alison!!!! Hello! I remember the lovely email you wrote me earlier this year when you delurked and now you are blogging too! Consider yourself stalked ;)

You have also reminded me that I need to get logged back in to WLR. The fruit and veg calculations bewilder me too..

Anyway, it sounds like you are off to a magic start... i'll keep tuning in!