Monday 1 October 2007

4 weeks in...

12lbs gone! Lost another 4lb this week to leave me 2lb off my first stone, which would be fab if I could get there next week. I was really worried I wouldn't have lost anything as I've been so inactive this week due to my cold but something seems to be working so I'm not complaining. I did only drink half my pint of smoothie before being weighed, which could have added an extra pound nearly but, then again, I haven't been, erm, regular for the past couple of days so there must be some weight in the, erm, blockage! Too much information, I know. Sorry.

I must have worked off some weight walking rounds Criibbs Causeway (Bristol's premier shopping destination) and Ikea (just huuuuge) this afternoon in the hunt for shaving cream and bookcases. Does stacking books onto shelves burn calories? Inquiring minds want to know. Looking forward to my stir fry for dinner - chicken with mixed veg and Wagamama coconut, ginger and lemongrass sauce with 70g of basmati rice. It's been a chicken and rice day - had tandoori chicken with rice (50g this time, smaller portion for lunch) and heaps of spinach earlier but it keeps me within my calories and is low in F-A-T.

Speaking of calories, I've lost another 19 a day with my weight loss this week so I'm now on 1836 a day. Considering how I must have been eating at least 3000 calories a day before I started the diet, I've adapted quite well. I wouldn't say it was easy but I really listen to my body now about when to eat as I'm bloody hungry a lot of the time. But before I'd just shovel food in all day and wouldn't listen to my stomach gently growling before I ate. Of course, I'd like to eat more - who wouldn't? But this seems to be working for me and I'm not climbing the walls with hunger. I'm just slightly concerned about how I'll adapt when my calorie allowance drops a bit more. Christ, I might have to start doing exercise to earn me some more to eat!! That shouldn't be for a while as Tracy from WLR has lost 113lb so far (in just over a year) and has only dropped about 400 calories a day. She does exercise like a demon though. Maybe that'll be me in a year's time. I hope so.

No comments: