Sunday 14 October 2007

Bum holes

I am very cross. And grumpy. And pissed off. And miserable. And every other negative adjective you can think of. I weighed myself today and have stayed the same for the second week running. I've stuck to my calories every day!!! Okay I haven't exercised but I haven't done before. I'm drinking my water and recording everything, even my Berocca. So why won't the scales budge? I appreciate that some weeks I won't lose weight. I know that. But I hadn't planned on a plateau this early in the journey. I've still got 13 stones and 5lbs to lose and the weight should be falling off me. But it bloody well isn't.

I'm starving too. Bacon butties for lunch really don't fill you up and I used far too much oil as I was so cross. Need to cook some tandoori chicken and rice later for my lunch tomorrow as it's a "dark" week and I don't get my lunch provided. Maybe it's the lunches - perhaps they have more calories than I've been calculating but I doubt it. I've even been restraining myself from the delicious-looking puddings and sticking to my fruit. I wonder whether having more booze has anything to do with it? Mum and dad have been here so I've had about 20% of my calories from alcohol for the past two days. But I'd saved up enough calories for it so I should have been fine. I'm baffled and want to give up but I'm sticking with it in the hope that the scales will budge next week.

If I stay the same for the next two weeks I might have to think about something drastic like Lighter Life or the Cambridge Diet as I really want to lose the weight for Jo's wedding in two years and if it's not coming off at 2lb a week I'm not going to do it. Okay, even if I don't lose all the weight at least I'll be lighter but i'd love to buy a Monsoon dress in a size 16 or an 18 at a push. And Lindos is really hilly so I'll need to be fit. I wonder if I should start going to the gym but I can't see me having the time now I'm back at work. By the time I get home at 6:30 I want to start cooking, not traipse 20 minutes down the road and do an hour's exercise first. But I might have to if the weight doesn't budge. As long as we have the money. Which is another story entirely.

1 comment:

Fat Grl Slim said...

Ooooh those alcohol calories!!!! My arch-nemesis.....

Love your blog -- keep up the good work! Slow and steady wins the race...even if they do take their own bloody time!

FGS :)