Sunday 28 October 2007

Nekkid

I'm so loving my new scales. They arrived on Friday morning, express delivery, and I managed to hold off until today (Sunday) before weighing myself so there was a full week between weigh-ins. So I got up this morning, went to the loo and got on... 5.25lb lost!! They're swanky ones that weigh in quarter pounds so I'm getting a more accurate reading, particularly as I was naked when I weighed rather than clothed at Boots. Now I know tht some of the weight I've lost will be the weight of my usual clothes but I don't care!! A loss is a loss and I've now found my true weight. Just me, no added extras like pants and shoes.

So this takes me to 22.25lb in the last eight weeks, which I'm really happy with - over a stone and a half and more than 10% of the weight I have to lose, which feels like such a big thing. My next target is 28lb, two stones, which will be almost 1/7 of what I need to lose. Each stone is such a milestone and it means I can break it down into manageable chunks rather than look at the full 14 stone 3, or 199lb, which is terrifying. But that 199lb has now come down to 176.75lb and will keep getting smaller, just like me.

And I've had a bit of a lardy week, to be honest. As I said in my last entry, we went to Gourmet Burger Kitchen for dinner last Sunday and I had a chicken satay burger, half a portion of chips and some luscious garlic mayo plus a glass of wine. And I'd already had two pints of cider at the pub and then I had a beer when I got home so I was well over my calories for the day. Then we had fish and chips on the Monday and another beer and I've had bits and bobs of naughtiness at work, like mini chocolate bars and a chocolate brownie with chocolate sauce after my burger and fries on Friday. But I tracked nearly all of it and only went over my total week's calories by about 100 and I never once felt like giving up totally and just pigging out.

My mindset has really changed. I don't feel deprived at all, despite losing calories each week (I'm now down to below 1800 a day) and, okay, I do get hungry sometimes but I never feel like giving up and phonong Dominos. I know the weight loss makes all the hard work worthwhile and the more I lose, the more encouraged I am to lose more. I know I'll have some more sticky weeks where I stay the same, or even put on but the general trend is downwards and long may it continue. I've had my usual smoothie for breakfast, having got up at 8:15am despite it being a Sunday, and I'm going to have chorizo and manchego tortelloni for lunch and pork stuffed with spiced apples with oven chips and spinach for dinner. And probably some fruit as well. I love having the smoothie as it gives me over 5 portions of fruit for the day without even trying.

I need to go to Sainsbury's for some more frozen fruit but it's horrid outside, windy and raining, so I might hold off for a while. I got a free proof copy of Dietgirl's book so I might curl up with that and inspire myself further. I can't wait until I can say that I've lost half my bodyweight, like DG. I'm set to lose all my weight by July 2009 if I average 2lb a week, which is difficult but might be doable. I'll have to start exercising at some point to keep the weight loss going. If I get a longer term job, I might join the gym after Christmas. On the other hand, I might not. I might wait until I lose a bit more weight to make the exercise easier as I get headaches from exercising at this weight as my blood pressure is a bit high. Maybe once I've lost 10% of my body weight, which I think is 38lb. And, you know what, I actually believe I can do it!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

bloody oath you can do it :) you know i am going to be daydreaming of that garlic mayo all day now! I looooove GBK!!!!

(and i am so chuffed you have a proof! just remember it's unedited and only a rough formatting, the real thing will look much nicer with proper photos and nice headings and stuff!! :) :) :)