Sunday 7 October 2007

On the level

Weighed myself this afternoon and have stayed the same at 26 stone 1lb so still a 12lb loss. I was hoping for my first stone today but I'm surprisingly okay. In the past I'd have been furious and started sulking and been ready to jack it all in but I think I'm making mental progress. Gone are the times I'd come home from Weight Watchers or Slimming World, having put on a pound via the Chinese takeaway, stocking up on spare ribs (c.1000 cals a portion - eek) duck with ginger and spring onions and special fried rice. Or get home and order a Domino's pizza, dips, chicken strips, coke and sticky dippers - well over 1500 cals.

My self-sabotage seems to have gone away, touch wood, and I'm looking forward to losing weight again next week. Fingers crossed. I have to say I'll be cross if I stay the same next week too but, then again, the parents are coming for their first visit to Brizzle and we're going out for dinner next Saturday. But we're going to Fishworks and so it should be relatively healthy despite the lovely bread, garlic mayo and salsa verde they tempt you with. I love fish and I'm so glad it's quite low in calories compared to most protein choices. I'll just have to stay clear of the puddings and dessert wines.

Speaking of puddings, I only had a slice of banoffee pie for lunch on top of eating a croissant with jam for breakfast. Both delicious but hardly filling or healthy. Which is probably why I've got a headache. That and being dehydrated. I've got so used to my 4 litres of water a day that I feel odd if I have less and you never drink enough water when you're visiting rellies. This time we were at Beckie's, Jim's sister, and had a lovely time. We did have a chinese takeaway last night but only a main course and rice, despite being offered crispy duck and pancakes - Christ knows how I abstained as I love them, love, love, love!! We did, admittedly, have some cheese straws and doritos beforehand but I counted them and came just over my daily calories but still under for the week.

Oh, and I've started work for the first time in over a year! It's only for five weeks but it gets me back into the swing of things and I actually enjoyed it. I'm sifting through applications for a Christmas special of Deal Or No Deal, looking for charity cases and deserving contestants and it should look good on my CV and pave the way for other work, I hope. And we get free lunches when in studio, which is both good and bad as I have to estimate the calories. But it's free!!! I'll see if I'm still happy at next week's weigh-in.

No comments: