Monday 19 November 2007

Never go on holiday


Well, not if you want to lose weight, that is. I've just got back from five days in Devon and have put on 2.25lb with not a cream tea in sight. Mind you, there was the beef wellington, the canapes, the blackcurrant mousse cake, the roquefort, the wensleydale, the pizza, the chips, the chocolate, the red wine, white wine and champagne. Lots and lots of champagne. I've apparently had over 50 units of alcohol in the last 7 days!! Oh dear!! Bu the holiday was fun, if very cold!

Never mind, I'm sure it will all come off again this week. If I can lose 2.75lb, I'll have lost 2 stones in total which would make me really happy. I want to lose 35lb by Christmas... so I can put it all back on again!! No, I will try and be good and leave off the booze a bit more than this week. You just get carried away when you're with other people, don't you? We've brought two bottles of champagne back with us but I don't intend to open it until New Year's Eve. We might have one bottle when my mum and dad come and visit in three weeks but I doubt I'll have any alcohol in the intervening time. It just makes me feel too rough and uses up my calories which I'd prefer to spend on yummy food. Like the bars of Green and Black's in the kitchen cupboard...!

No comments: