Sunday 13 January 2008

Quarter pounder

No, not a McDonald's burger (although that would be nice); I've now lost a quarter of the pounds I need to lose to get to goal. Over a quarter actually as 49.75lb is a quarter (of the 199 I had to lose) and I've now lost 55.5lb thanks to losing an impressive 7lb this week. And I've done it in just over four months, rather than the six months I'd anticipated. This gives me a bit more leeway for a slowdown later on which seems inevitable so I'm a happy camper. I measured myself too and since September I've lost four inches from both my chest and hips and seven inches from my waist. It's so nice to see the numbers going down. And my jeans getting looser (yes, even the size 28s I got for Christmas are slightly baggy round the tum). I might try the Etam size 24s on again as they might be close to fitting me soon.

It's a good job I've got the Etam 24s (which I think are a big size) as Marks and Spencer, in their infinite wisdom, has stopped having a Plus section in their stores. You can apparently get sizes 26 to 30 online but I looked and a) they have no jeans (so the size 26 I'll need next will have to come from Evans or I'll have to skip a size to the 24s and hold the 28s up with a belt until I get there) and b) all the stuff is hideous. There is one upside; they're starting to have more of their regular ranges in a size 24. But I'm probably only going to be in a 24 for a matter of months until I drop to a 22, and eventually to a 16, so it's not really worth me spending money on clothes. I'll try to stay in my 28s for as long as I can - unless they start looking "tenty" - and a lot of my dresses are in a 22 anyway so will fit me for a good while yet. I need to try my two pairs of Duo boots on to see if they'll comfortably zip round my calves yet so I can wear my dresses with boots instead of over trousers. Duo are so lovely and I'll probably have to buy from them even when I'm a size 16 as my calves are far too big for high street boots. Not that it's a hardship but they are quite expensive. And I'm quite broke.

We went to Cribbs Causeway for a window shopping trip earlier and, thankfully, there wasn't much that I liked apart from a £55 long black cardigan in Monsoon which I might have to buy when I get a job. I'm looking forward to being able to buy anything from Monsoon and not just the stuff in a size 22. Not that I can fit into a 22 yet, unless it's capacious knitwear like my dark green cardigan coat or my elasticated black trousers from M&S. Well, the ones I haven't worn out between the legs from the affliction "fat girl's thigh". There's nothing more painful than the chafing of sweaty thighs together when you're wearing a skirt so I bought some fat girl pants from QVC which do the trick. It was either them or cycling shorts and most sports shops don't cater for the larger lady. They look at you strangely enough when you buy trainers as though all fat people are housebound and have no need of shoes. I mean it's not like I can run a marathon but I need comfy shoes to walk in. And walk I shall. As long as it doesn't rain. So I'll be starting in May then...!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Oh, congratulations! You're doing so well.