Monday 28 January 2008

Static

I weighed in a day late this week as, very childishly, I didn't like what the scales said yesterday and hoped they'd be kinder this morning. They were slightly but I'm still the same weight as last week. At least I haven't put any weight on which is good as I gave in and had a pizza last week... on top of my lunch and dinner! I'm still feeling slightly out of control around food and have had to restrain myself from going to Sainsbury's to buy cake and cheese. And stopping at Starbucks for a latte and a muffin on the way home. i don't know what's the matter but I can't get motivated at the moment. Well, I kind of do know what's the matter. It's purely the fact that I haven't lost any weight for a couple of weeks. I rely on the boost from losing weight to get me through the next seven days and that boost hasn't happened and I'm not waving but drowning.

I know that this is one of the inevitable plateaus I'll have in my weight loss journey but I really do miss the little tingle of pure joy I get from seeing a lower number on the scales. Even a pound would have done and normally I'd dismiss a pound loss as not worth mentioning, size queen that I am. But I'm static, stuck, stopped. I might try upping the exercise and seeing if that kick starts a loss. I managed another 10 minutes of the Rosemary Conley DVD the other day but kept slipping on my overly long trousers. So I've bought some "dance joggers" from the ever-reliable M&S in a fetching shade of grey (no, I mean it!) which are just the right length for shimmying around the sitting room to "Hot Stuff" by Donna Summer. Now I just need a sports bra or, at the very least, a bra that fits properly as when i lift my arms over my head, my bra rides up at the front and my boobs pop out from underneath. It's nearly as bad as the time my tankini bottoms were pushed down by the force of my jumps at aqua aerobics!

But I've had some good news today. I've got a job interview on Thursday at 12:15 so any good vibes which can be sent my way at that time would be most appreciated. I know everybody wants the jobs they're interviewed for but I really need this job a) for the money as we are truly skint and b) for the human contact. I'm so sick of the silence that surrounds me day after day in my solitary existence. I speak to Jim in the morning but then he goes to work and I'm stuck at home on my own (well, with Frank but miaowing doesn't really cut it as conversation) and I don't speak to anyone all day (unless I call my parents and i can't do that at the moment as they're on holiday). I sometimes go to shops just to have some human contact and end up spending money we don't have. So a job with proper people and something to do other than obsess over food would be a godsend. And I could walk to work as it's only in Clifton village which is just over a mile away. Oh please pretty please let me get it!!

3 comments:

Mrs said...

Good luck, Alison!

Of course, I know JUST what you mean about being home alone. One thing that helped me, a lot, was volunteering at a local charity shop (with books!). It was a massive confidence boost, once I got past the charity shop politics (LOL) and helped me to feel a bit more part of the community (I didn't know anyone when I moved here).

Just something to consider...

Fingers and everything else crossed for Thursday!

Big kiss.

Mrs Lxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pam said...

Hope the scales are kinder next time. And hope you got the job. If not, well, what's for you won't go by you, as my granny used to say.

Mrs said...

Hi Alison

Thanks for your lovely comments today; really appreciated them and they made a big difference. So..what happened?

Keep posting!!!

Big kiss - from one temp to another!!

Mrs Lxxxxxxxxxxxx